When I was in elementary school and they were talking about how setting goals and meeting your goals was important and we’d have bulletin boards and whatever goals we met they’d give us a gold star.
After a while, I thought it was trite and stupid. Especially during my teenage years.
But as of late, I realize how important they are, especially since I’m out of school and I just feel like I’m kind of drifting out there with nothing but work going on, and maybe a little bit of a social life. And just feeling like your whole life is this 8-5 bullshit is the pits. You get in this bizarre fugue-ennui kind of state.
So, some of the goals I want to set to accomplish in the next few years:
- Get a raise/better paying job by the end of this year.
- Save at least $1000 — been living kind of paycheck to paycheck as of late, which makes it really hard to save.
- Crochet an afghan — I have some really pretty colors in mind. I want to do a light gray, pewter, navy blue, and deep teal blue chevron pattern kind of like this:
- Lose 100lbs before my birthday in October (already 3/10 of the way there!!!)
- Continue eating keto for the next few years, maybe with a few cheat days.
- Learn more Spanish — ongoing
- Figure out what’s going on with my love life in the next month.
- Work on some sort of continuing education and probably finish my MS degree. Maybe.
- Learn SQL — ongoing
- Travel abroad — I really have my heart set on going to Germany, Japan, Kenya, Alaska, Belize, Tristan Da Cunha, Australia, South Korea, and Thailand. I want to go to Tristan Da Cunha, especially, because it is the most remote inhabited island in the world.
- Read more books, in general. I’m still working my way through Barbara Kingsolver’s “Prodigal Summer“.
- Grow my WordPress — either with followers, more meaningful dialogue, experiences, posts, ideas, etc…
And that’s my list.