Good morning fine folks!
Spent this weekend recovering from my nasty sinus infection. S.O. came down to take care of me and we made the most amazing asparagus and sausage frittata.
What you’ll need:
- 12ish asparagus spears, chopped to 1″ pieces.
- Sausage — any kind. We used Andy’s hot smoked sausage. About 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 9ish eggs
- Mushrooms — any kind. About 1 cup.
- Green onions — three spears or so. Chopped up
- Salt, pepper, and other seasonings you want. I used fresh basil and oregano with salt and cracked pepper
- Parm cheese — or whatever you have on hand. White or regular cheddar would definitely work.
- 9X9 baking dish
What you’ll do:
Throw all your chopped veggies, meat, and cheese into your baking dish. In a separate bowl, crack your eggs and add almond milk and seasonings. Scramble up. Pour over veggies, meat, and cheese. Stir up a little to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
Bake on 375 for 40ish minutes. Stick a butter knife or tooth pick in to see if done.
Definitely something I will make again. S.O. and I cleaned out the whole baking dish. I ate mine with a little bit of spicy mustard, but sriracha will work too.
Also, can be made in muffin tins.