Good afternoon, lovelies!
I recently re-found a song I had on my iPod that my couch ate five years ago.
Funny story — I lost my glasses in my couch and had to cut open the bottom, and that’s when I found my iPod.
Which got me into my weird guilty pleasure songs — you know, the songs you skip over in the car when you are riding with your friends. The songs or artists you listen to only on your ear buds.
Ya’ll know what I’m talking about. These are my favorite 20 guilty pleasure songs or artists.
Here we go!
- I have soft spot for Korn. Like whoa. Their album, Path of Totality, is probably one of my favorites, even though it was universally panned. My cousin once called it music for people on drugs.
- In This Moment — kind of a scream-o band that attracts a certain following. Pretty cringe worthy, but I adore Maria Brink’s voice.
- Rammstein — I learned more German from Rammstein than I did from two years of German classes in university.
- Katy Perry — the only two songs of hers I actually like are E.T. and Dark Horse. I know, it’s ridiculous. I generally avoid songs where autotune is heavily used.
- Styx — Renegade. ‘Nough said.
- Maximum the Hormone — Japanese scream-o with a chick drummer. However, my Japanese roommate totally loved that I was into the band, which made me feel better.
- I adore Amy Lee, even though some of her older stuff is very High School emo. Hey, she even said so herself.
- Babymetal. Yes. I love Babymetal. But only one song — Megitsune.
- Straight Line Stitch — another scream-o band with an awesome black chick lead singer.
- So. Much. Rob. Zombie.
- Hootie and the Blowfish.
- 90’s rock — Wallflowers, Jewel, Eagle Eye Cherry, Spin Doctors.
- 90’s pop — En Vogue, TLC, Mariah — so much Mariah
- Down with the Sickness
- Linkin Park — both old and new stuff.
- Tricky. British rapper.
- 80’s rock — Aerosmith, Guns N’ Roses, White Snake, etc…
- Pink’s older stuff.
- The Queen of the Damned soundtrack
- Fall Out Boy — mostly from the album with “Thnks fr Th Mmrs” on it.
So, I have laid my shame bare.
And I dare you to do it.
Let me know you’re cringiest guilty pleasure songs/artists.
Update — dude. I just found out Chester Bennington from Linkin Park committed suicide today. Wow. They’re music got me through some of the darker parts of my life. Hybrid Theory was one of the first CD’s I owned and I still listen to to this day. Seriously, the whole thing is on my now recovered iPod. I’m seriously trying not to cry at my desk right now.
Usually celebrity deaths don’t impact me like this — but first Chris Cornell and now this.
I just cant.
Love what you see? Keep the love going by supporting my writing through Patreon!