Good morning, lovelies!
Well, I’m starting keto back… again. I took a bit of an I’m poor and my guts hate me break.
But I found out my guts hated me because my thyroid hormones were off.
Starting the morning off with delicious blueberries and coffee. Having a Publix chef salad for lunch and whatever S.O. wants for dinner.
This weekend, I’m going to attempt fathead pizza (low carb crust):
- 170 g pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese
- 85 g almond meal/flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch salt to taste
- ½ tsp dried rosemary/ garlic or other flavourings optional
- your choice of toppings such as pepperoni peppers, cherry tomatoes, olives, ground/mince beef, mushrooms, herbs etc
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above). Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
I’m also going to make pho again with my delicious bone broth, that I’m going to start tonight and let go for a full 48 hours in the crock pot on low.
Lastly, not so much keto… but still pretty awesome.
Because my job classification changed and I’m no longer “temp”, one of the new benefits I have is the state tuition waiver. Which means I can take 6 credit hours of college courses for free as long as I still maintain full time employment.
Which I can’t see me doing more than 6 hours while full time employed.
I’ve been looking through FSU’s course catalogs and getting an idea of programs I would like to go into, and I think I want to major in communication disorders and become a speech therapist/speech language pathologist (SLP).
Luckily, I already have a bachelors degree and I can (hopefully) skip a lot of the core curriculum. I might have to take another math or science class, then I can work on the actual program.
At the rate it still may take me 4 years to complete if I do spring, summer, and fall.
But hey, I’m probably not going anywhere.
Also, with my current job, I work with a lot of audiologists and SLP’s, and it’s really gratifying and rewarding work.
Also, starting salary is $60k.
That’s a bit selling point.
Love what you see? Keep the love going by supporting my writing through Patreon!